Thank you so much for joining me on my journey!
This new chapter of my life as a surface pattern designer is 44 years in the making. I have so much yet to learn… I have so much that I want to make and to do and to share… and I’m so very excited to share this process of learning, and growing and creating with you!
I want to warmly welcome you to get to know me better… and I’d love for you to respond in kind so that I may know you better, too!
Here are 25 random things about me…
1. I have one foot in reality and the other foot firmly in the fantasy world… I’m one of the lucky ones who never quite lost their sense of childlike wonder & magic. Thank goodness!
2. My favorite thing to do in this whole world is make my home look beautifully comfortable… I want it to be a reflection of me and a showcase for lovingly worn treasures that I’ve found at flea markets and thrift stores. The stories these treasures tell make a house feel warm and familiar, I think.
3. I love to ride horseback and wish I would have done more of it when I actually had a horse. As a child, I was so afraid… I’m aiming to do more riding in my future.
4. My son is my world… His name is Sammy and he has long lashes, freckles and the best imagination…He tells one-of-a-kind bedtime stories that are so entertaining.
5. I love to watch the same movies 5.3 million times in a row…they are a great escape. Practical Magic is one of my all-time favorites.
6. My favorite food is fried green tomatoes… haven’t tried them? Reach out and I’ll send you my family recipe!
7. I would love to travel the world….but I’ll be happy to start right here in the US with a bit of travel. My top picks to see are the Round Top flea market in Texas, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina
8. I love to garden and get my hands dirty. I especially love gardens in shades of blue, purple, black, white and silver.
9. I love to find treasures in thrift stores…. farm-inspired treasures from the 30s and 40s are my favorites.
10. My Mom is one of my very best friends and my hero
11. My family and I aspire to own our own farmhouse…someday!
12. I could drink sweet tea until I fell over
13. I worked in a haunted house for years… and I loved loved loved it. Lol…
14. I’m a Myers Briggs certified trainer. My profile type is ENFJ
15. I’m a Cancerian through and through and through!!!!
16. I have a degree in Home Economics… I love how it has served me in practicality, creativity and independence over the years.
17. I grew up in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia…and am pleased to enjoy the lovely coast of Maine as my home today.
18. I was a product developer for toys for years. Pretend food, my Cabbage Patch (Vanessa Stacie) and Strawberry Shortcake miniatures are still my favorite children’s toys from my own childhood… oh, and vintage stickers, too!
19. If I could live in a hot bubble bath, I would.
20. I lose my mind in the fall… shades of rust, smoky plum, forest green and steely blue are my most favorite and I can be convinced to buy nearly anything in these colors!
21. I am easily dazzled and amused… I laugh at pretty much everything.
22. I love my husband, Neil, and don’t think I could have found a better match for me on the planet….Moreover, my entire family is wonderful and I’m blessed to have them. They make me laugh and we go on the best adventures.
23. Symbolism intrigues me… What symbolizes you the most? I aspire to have a mini tattoo of a bumblebee… my husband’s nickname for me.
24. I love to watch ghost shows! I watch them until I scare myself to bits… then repeat.
25. I could eat nothing but cute appetizers and party food for the rest of my life. Cute, little party food just tastes better, doesn’t it?
I hope you feel welcome to stop by often… It’s my sincere wish to have you get to share this new adventure with me. I hope to delight and inspire you… get to know you… and learn from you.
Please feel free to say hello any time. And thank you for your love and support.